stoopid is

Chronicles of my constant mishaps and retarded nature.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

The big news is finally here!

StoopidGirl takes the states
(now you know why I've dissapeared for a while)

Well guys, its official! I have been given the chance of a lifetime. Not only am I moving to Los Angeles at the end of this week, a large British Mini Cooper Magazine is running an article on my car PinkSlip and me (more info soon), but I get to embark on the entire jaunt that is; Mini Takes the States! (MTTS)

Somebody up in those clouds for what ever reason really loves me this month. I don’t know why but they do, I get to run around, be silly, take loads of photos, cruise with the astonishing Fireballed! Race team, and….and…oh yeah (minor detail) write a daily journal for Motor Trend Magazine’s website about the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Insert my best pep talk voice) Can I get wittiness?! Hallelujah my brothers and sisters! The day has come! Let us rejoice and drive our little cars from one coast to the next spreading the gospel that is Mini!

(Cough)

Ok back to the information;

I will not have my pink Mini on the trip but I will be riding and found in the general vicinity of the Fireballed! Team Racers. I will also be lugging around my camera as well as some other goodies. If you have anything interesting you think I should take photos of, want to hear about the spiffy things I might be carrying or just want to say hello please do so! I’m quite friendly I swear.

The Motor Trend journal has not been named yet so feel free to give me suggestions. It will be located on their website as soon as MTTS starts, so for those of you who can’t make it and want to follow a long or just want to hear my rambling and see what/who’s photos made the cut please check it out.

See you guys one the road!

For my non Mini friends or anyone who might be interested in finding me on this journey;

Mini Takes the States is a 2 week long road trip with approximately 4000 other Mini Cooper owners. It starts on August 21st in Monterey, California and ends September 4th in Lakeville, Connecticut. For more info please go to www.miniusa.com and click the Mini Takes the States link for gives loads of information about the trip and events. I might be coming to a town near you!The Fireballed! Team Racers


The Fireballed! Trailer we'll be toating around


Some of the people making this trip possible for me are;

Motor Trend Magazine http://www.motortrend.com/

Fireballed! Racing http://fireballed.com/

Autotech Interiors http://autotechinteriors.com/

Rogue Minis http://rogueminis.com/

Mynes Performance http://mynesperformance.com/shop/


7 Comments:

At 8/12/06, 4:29 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Congratulations, Stoop! That is such a kick ass opportunity. Sure, come all the way to TN but don't come to Knoxville.....fine. Be that way (kidding of course).

Will you be posting online during your trip?

Have a blast and we'll live vicariously through you!

Chris
My Blog

 
At 8/12/06, 5:23 PM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

Thanks Chris...knoxville's not too far from some of the stops is it? You should come out!
I'm going to try and post some while on the trip but it will mostly just be the Motor Trend journal. It's going to be one heck of a trip and I'm bringing darmamine so hopefully I'll be able to type while riding coach (damn that car sickness)

 
At 8/13/06, 9:15 AM, Blogger Johnny Wadd said...

That is awesome news, it sounds like you are gonna have SO much fun!

 
At 8/14/06, 7:49 AM, Blogger Miss Vincci said...

Wow congrats!!! That sounds so great!!! Chris introduced me to your blog because I love PINK as well : )

 
At 8/14/06, 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOT! this is why I love you! cause you KICK ASS!

now if I can only remember my login....

 
At 8/16/06, 4:18 PM, Blogger Mr. Guesa said...

Knoxville is kick-ass, you should hit it on the way even if it isn't in your path.

You coming through Nebraska or Iowa?

 
At 8/17/06, 10:24 PM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get on the road, there's so much stuff I'll be doing on this trip both work and leisure, either way it was too good to pass up.

Burger-doesn't look like it. I posted the schedule so everyone can see :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home