stoopid is

Chronicles of my constant mishaps and retarded nature.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Are you man enough for pink?

Over the weekend I got bored. Imagine that? ME!? Bored!? Who'd-a-thunk?

Saturday evening I went to the local and longest running car show in America. This is pretty normal for me and always proves to be of some entertainment when people "oooh" and "ahhh" over my pink Mini Cooper. There's a pretty diverse crowd that shows up, the majority consisting of girls (young and old) dressed up as sluts (unfortunately they lack the appropriate body shapes), old redneck men and little kids with mullets who feel the need to touch, slobber and drool on our Minis.

This particular Saturday proved to have a higher level of entertainment for me. I was standing by my Mini, head high and eager to answer any questions people might have. An older man walked by with his wife. "What kind of cars are those?" she asked him, and in an all-knowing tone he replied, "those are them smart cars". I almost buckled at the knees laughing. I contemplated correcting his ignorance but immediately got distracted by the 14-year-old girl who picked up her phone and promptly in a snobby voice said to the person on the other end of the line "There's a pink Mini here! I want it! Get it for me!" and slammed the phone closed. If my kids ever talked to me like that I'd make sure their ass was sore for a month!

Just when I thought the absurdity of comments couldn't get any better I over heard a migetesque fellow sporting a cast say "I have underwear that color, it's called G-string pink!"...Oh lord. I went home after that and decided to do a search for pink Mini Coopers to see if there were any others out there (excluding the classics, there are a few of those). The search resulted in finding a photo of one painted a cotton candy/bubblegum type pink (inspired by a rich house wife liking the color of her purse, or so that's all I could gather) which I'm not all that fond of and Penn's "stripper pink" Mini (from Penn and Teller). Not finding much I was happy that I have something not very many other people do. Then I did a word search, 90% of what I found was my Mini is the dream car of TONS of people. Holy Shit, I never knew so many people would have liked something I did, and they haven't even seen it yet! I actually thought people would have told me I was defacing a perfectly good car. I've been wrong before.

The most interesting thing I found was a quote from someone’s blog about men titled "Who's a real man?” Here is the best thing I could have ever heard about my car and my man rolled up in one sentence because not only does he drive my Mini but he painted it that colortoo!


"If I had ever had a daughter, I would have explained that it's the overcompensating male she should avoid, that if she wanted a real guy, she should look for the one who doesn't necessarily hang with the pack, who can find more constructive ways to spend his time rather than check the testosterone dipstick of every male around him.

It's the guy who believes he has nothing to prove who has already proved it.

Look for the loner in the pink Mini Cooper. That's got to be a real man."Our babies, Bokke (pink) and Hal (blue)

6 Comments:

At 9/27/05, 10:41 PM, Blogger RB said...

damn that is a sweet ass pink mini you got!

 
At 9/28/05, 9:02 AM, Blogger deetour said...

I bet you saw some skanks!

 
At 9/29/05, 5:30 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I am so jealous of that car.

 
At 9/29/05, 5:31 PM, Blogger Joe said...

No... I should say I am jealous of you because of your car. "Jealous of the car" is something else completely.

 
At 9/30/05, 2:02 PM, Blogger ... j said...

Pink it´s my new obsession
Pink it´s not even a question
Pink on the lips of your lover, ´cause
Pink is the love you discover
Pink as the bing on your cherry
Pink ´cause you are so very
Pink it´s the color of passion
`Cause today it just goes with the fashion

But is everything going to be all right....???

Sorry got a tad lost there, and I utterly agree with el capitan on this, takes a real man to wear a pink tube top, well either a real man or a man that likes other men, you know what I'm sayin' man?

 
At 10/1/05, 8:50 AM, Blogger deetour said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home