stoopid is

Chronicles of my constant mishaps and retarded nature.

Friday, August 26, 2005

I am Sad

I received a phone call from a very good friend of mine back in North Carolina today. The phone call started with "I have some bad news." , I braced myself. Who's dead? His Grandmother passed away, someone's been murded, died in a car accident or committed suicide?

It turns out his best friend for many years had taken 25 vicoden, drank a bottle of wine and went to town on his wrists with a box cutter. I've always had harsh views about these sort of issues, I've lost many a friend or acquaintance to suicide and/or drug overdoses and have always been sad that it happened but not always sympathetic because they are the ones who put themselves in that position therefore they deserve what they get. It was their choice as it was for this person. Part of me is deeply saddened for him, he was always someone who was happy even when he was drunk. I never felt like he was someone who hid his sadness like a lot of people, he was just an all around good person, always willing to lend a hand or give a hug when needed.

I haven't seen or talked to him in the last few years, even though I often got updates by our mutual friends. It seems that things went down hill, His bussiness was failing and his wife who he'd been with for many years had left him which is what spawned this unforgivable act. He survived the incident and went into a mental institution for some counceling and is now having to deal with the people who care about him and want to help. I don't have any more information than that. My thoughts are with him, I hope he makes good choices and his world becomes bright again...He, of all people, I can honestly say deserves better than what this world dished him.

Mr.Buffalo wherever you are right now I am sending you happy thoughts and returning the hugs you gave so freely in the past. It is your fault I own 1 vinyl recordbearing my name and will never look at buffalo nickels the same again.

1 Comments:

At 8/29/05, 12:43 PM, Blogger deetour said...

:( sowwy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home