stoopid is

Chronicles of my constant mishaps and retarded nature.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Good and Bad

Today there was a good thing and a bad thing at work. Nothing all to exciting in my corporate world, just enough to give me a small tremor on the giggle richter scale. I have become the resident "tom boy/bug catcher/not afraid of creepy crawlies person" at my job. Any time there's something that no one else wants to touch they come and get me. I don't mind, it's rather entertaining to see the stupid things people are afraid of. Today I came across my favorite little guy I've had to save from the perils of our building and Dag blasted I didn't have my camera on me!!!!! I'm sooo mad about not having it...I'm shaking my fist at the sky "whyyyyyy didn't I have my camera on me!?".
I got called to our mail room only to discover the smallest of small baby geckos I've ever seen. He was the size of the fingernail on my pinky finger. I couldn't even pick him up with out smushing him. I finally got him to crawl on my hand and I gave him a nice new home on the tree outside where he hopefully won't get squished by fat ladies who are constantly on diets but never get any thinner.
The second little critter I had to set free today and this goes under the bad category was a grasshopper. A few days ago we noticed this fellow twitching and obviously dying on top of our filing cabinets. That was three days ago people! For some reason everyone I work with, especially one person in particular is deathly afraid of grasshoppers because of the molasses type substance they spit on you as a defense mechanism. When I came in this morning I was like "he has to be dead, the poor fellow hasn't moved other than a random leg twitch in three whole days!" then I saw the twitch. Funny thing is, I don't have the heart to step on him and put him out of his misery but I can watch him suffer for a ridiculous period of time. I'd had enough so I grabbed him by his not so twitchy leg and tossed him outside. He'll both resuscitate and have a happy grasshopper life or he'll make some bird very happy.
At least my co-workers weren’t like the kids from last night who wouldn’t go pee on the account of the world’s largest cockroach hanging out in the bathroom stall. Turns out it was just a Palo Verde beetle. They look scary but they don’t scamper up you legs like roaches do, although one did hit my boyfriend in the head while he was driving once and gave him a very large welt on his forehead, the beetle was fine aside from a bent antenna.
That's about all today folks...don't say I didn't warn you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home