stoopid is

Chronicles of my constant mishaps and retarded nature.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Pardon Me

But you're all idiots!

This is what I should have said while butting in to a conversation I overheard at work just now. Sometimes I can't help but say something when I hear a bunch of people standing around talking about something they know nothing about and then look at you like you're rude when you give them the quick, easy,and factual answer. Before entering the delightful mortgage industry I was a hairdresser. I started doing peoples hair at an early age and have been licensed for over 6 years now, so I think I might know a little something about the subject. The gaggle of girls were debating one of our clients who claims she is a self employed hairdresser. In theory this is correct, even when you work for a salon, a lot of times you are considered an independent contractor. Apparently this person does not have a license nor do they have a business license to own a salon. Here lies the confusion.


Them; "Well, I don't know if you need a license to do hair?"

Me; (still sitting below eye level in my cube)"Yes, you need a license to do hair or it's illegal."

Them; “Well maybe they own a salon?"

Me;(popping my head to eye level) "Then they would need a Salon license but not necesarilly a hair license if they only own it or it is illegal."

Them;"So if they are doing hair they need a license no matter where they work?"

ME;“Yes, that is correct."

Them; “Well maybe they work at home."

Me; (sitting back down and ignoring the most ignorant comment I've heard in months. If anyone wants to lend me a hammer so I can smash my head with it, let me know.)

3 Comments:

At 4/23/06, 9:26 PM, Blogger Geeky Dragon Girl said...

No, but I'll lend you a hammer to smash their heads with it.

 
At 4/23/06, 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll lend you a second hammer in case you need backup. My mother is a hairdresser too and I agree that it's pretty annoying when people discuss things they know nothing about. Too many human beings do that.

 
At 4/24/06, 12:25 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Do you have to have a license if you only serve bald people?

The coversation kinda reminds me of the scene between the two british officers arguing over the existence of the Black Pearl in Pirates of the Carribean.

Or better yet, the tower guard getting instructions in Monty Python's Holy Grail!

Great observations in your blog. Love it.

Chris
My Blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home