stoopid is

Chronicles of my constant mishaps and retarded nature.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

11 years


While doing a little extra cleaning today I came across my photo album from 1995. I had forgotten this album came with me to Arizona, rather than being stuck in a storage bin back in North Carolina. The only reason it made it out here unlike all the other tons of photos didn't was because I had forgotten to pack it. The album was half-hazardly tossed into the car with the selection of my remaining worldly possessions only to be shoved in a closet until now. What was I doing 11 years ago? I was the geeky girl I speak of sometimes, someone who is very much still a big part of who I am. I watched my sister go from having a flat stomach to looking like a balloon in a Thanksgiving Day parade thus producting "The Wheat-Thin Kid". I had a best friend who I could talk into doing anything, like dressing up in woman’s cloths and letting me pierce just about every body part he had. I had no idea how long our friendship would last or the struggles of cancer he would face 11 years later (my prayers are with him). This was the year I still felt awkward, yet that outcast in me landed an extra role in a little movie called Empire Records it also allowed a drunk punk rocker to pass out on my shoulder and barf on my feet. It was the year I shaved my head, the year I graduated high school and the year I officially moved out of my dad’s house (the first time). It was a year I will look back at laughing and a year that will bring tears to my eyes. Some things you can never get back and somethings you don't want back. So long 1995.

6 Comments:

At 4/16/06, 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait... you were an extra in Empire Records?

 
At 4/16/06, 10:55 PM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

Yep, I sure was. The one shot you can actually spot me (all though I was in 3 or 4) is during the party scene where Liv yells up to Johnny, I kind of dance/bump into her. I look like the 2nd photo with the bad Sid Vicious hair. Eak!

 
At 4/17/06, 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At last, I finally have a reason to watch that movie.

 
At 4/17/06, 10:02 AM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

Are you trying to say Empire Records sucks? May I remind you...you own a Hillary Duff movie! (Empire Records is so much cooler than the Duff...all though she is pretty hot despite her new horse teeth)

 
At 4/18/06, 10:33 AM, Blogger tina nealis said...

i see a little molly ringwald in you back in '95. :o) i've gotta watch empire records again now.. heh. oh, and russ loves ms. duff too.

 
At 4/18/06, 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't say it sucks. I've never seen it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home