stoopid is

Chronicles of my constant mishaps and retarded nature.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Internet Drama (go figure)

Everyday I am amazed more and more about the stupidity that is the users of the internet. I joined a website called blog explosion which has turned out to be fun and entertaining when I’m bored. Apparently this site is the bible for some people who can’t grow up and leave their insecurities and high school drama at the door (as with any site where people express their feelings, there are bound to be a bunch of immature idiots running around). There is a section for battling other blogs which is the Hot or Not for the blog world. It’s rather silly, it’s basically a false way to boost your ego or knock it down. You win some you loose some, it really shouldn’t be a big deal. The people voting often don’t even read the blogs they just want the credits they can earn. I could loose every battle and not care; it’s only the internet for crying out loud! There are many people who enjoy my blog and others who I’m sure hate it. For instance there is a blogger who battles constantly and from what I know is on the top 10 worst battlers list yet he keeps battling. When I first saw his blog I was like who is this idiot, his blog is ridiculous, he insults everyone and tries to piss everyone off, yet he keeps on going. At first I voted against him because he seemed to have a big huge ego, then I realized he loses all the time. After coming across his blog numerous times I decided I wanted to wage war if I could earn enough credits (he’s a high roller) and I left him a comment saying so. This comment could have been taken badly and was an open opportunity for him to bash me with immature insults. But did he? Nope, he said liquor cures all…now I vote for him all the time. Thanks hamburger boy, you have earned an honorable mention in my blogging world and I’m still waiting for my battle.

There is also a section on this site for renting blogs. Do you see the nice little thumbnail on the right? That’s my renter. They paid me credits which were earned for looking at other blogs or voting on the battles, but all in all the credits didn’t cost them ANYTHING other than a little spare time. Sometimes I have liked my renter’s blogs and if during that particular week I can find time to read and comment on there’s I will, but unfortunately this doesn’t always happen. Some times like my renter this week we’re not even the same type of bloggers but hey, they wanted to rent and may or may not get clicks from me, it’s the chance they took but I’m more than happy to help them out and have their thumbnail. Why am I writing about this boring subject you ask? Well, I had someone who had apparently been blogging about me being a “slum lord” because I had not reviewed her blog nor had I commented on it. I had actually wanted to read her blog because she seemed interesting but found myself stressed at work that week and extremely busy at home. So life consumed me and the week flew by. Keep in mind I never promised a review, nor do I give them unless I am absolutely amazed by the blog. The reason for this is simple. When I write I try to make it something fun and interesting, if I have nothing to write about I usually don’t write at all. If I wanted to read a blog that was full of reviews I would but I don’t like reading reviews there for I don’t expect my readers to either. Now if the thumbnail to the right looks interesting it is your choice to click it, I’m not going to guilt you into it or ask you to because that’s rude. If I rent from someone I would not expect them to write a review about me and then be a whiney bitch on their blog as well as my own for them not giving me one. Reviews are nice and it’s great that people give them and I’ll be greatful shall someone review me, but I’m sorry it is just not my thing. IT's called "Rent my blog" not "Pimp my blog", no where does it say that the soul purpose of renting someone's blog is for them to pimp you out.

So to the girl who is in a state of permanent PMS I say grow up, quite wasting your time on badmouthing me as well as others because all it does is make you look like a jerk not those you speak of. To my readers I’m sorry for this long post about insignificant stuff, I just wanted to get it out because sometimes people on the internet are plain angry. I am thankful for the readers and renters I do have, even the lurkers who don’t post. You guys are all appreciated and you rock! With that said I will now step away form my computer and go enjoy the real world. I promise a more time worthy post will come soon.

12 Comments:

At 5/27/06, 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try and rent from people that have interesting blogs. It's as simple as that.I happened to like yours alot and I also like cheese...probably more than I should.

 
At 5/27/06, 5:04 PM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

Amen to that! And thank you :) as I do the same. People who's blogs almost completely consist of reviews I won't rent from. It's too much filler and not enough substance. You are now on my happy list, yay :)

 
At 5/27/06, 11:55 PM, Blogger deetour said...

This drama is not as much fun as OUR drama. Hmph!

 
At 5/28/06, 9:51 AM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

no it most definately is not :)

 
At 5/28/06, 11:20 AM, Blogger Johnny Wadd said...

Excellent post and you really summed up what goes on at BE in a nutshell. While i've always enjoyed my time there, lately it has been a few idiots who seem to want gossip and control everything that happens there. The worst part is they make them moderators there.

 
At 5/29/06, 12:25 AM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

Thanks Johnny, I suppose people like us are going to have to always deal with people like them but it doesn't hurt to try and keep them out...besides, at least it gives us something to bitch about. I'm happy to have you on my side of the fence.

 
At 5/29/06, 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got beat by "hamburger" for 200. That guy must spend a lot of time on Blog Explosion.

Actually, I kind of think he loses to his friends, gets the credits back, and then they work together to hit the real takers. I just can't figure out how he would otherwise get that many credits. None the less, all in good fun.

 
At 5/29/06, 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The words "die in a fire" come to mind for this person... I would love for her to meet you in person an see how tough she is... right up untill I pour gas all over her an spark the flame...LOL

 
At 5/29/06, 11:24 PM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

ryan-no shit, I've been trying to figure out how he does it. I even tried tricking the system by opening a few windows at one time. That didn't work but I beleive I am the culpret who froze the battle with an impossible -1 votes left. hmmmm?

Anony-you rock...now die in a fire! :)

 
At 5/30/06, 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hamburger is cool. Possibly a little bit retarded, but still cool. At first I hated him, but he's got the kind of blog that grows on a person.

 
At 6/7/06, 12:33 AM, Blogger Mr. Guesa said...

Thanks for the post. Just took a break from doing way too fucking much homework (which would explain the commenting at 2 am). Thanks for reading the blog and I'm glad you appreciate it now...finally. Most people don't understand that I am most certainly an idiot, but don't want to use my blog as a means to bitch, complain and essentially make people feel sorry for me or read about shit that doesn't matter because I don't really KNOW anybody who reads my blog and comments. I have friends who read my blog and do so for entertainment solely and not to comment. They know I'm just fucking around and seeing what people say and my main goal is to entertain by putting things up that I laugh at.

Also, I have a BE secret for you. E-mail me and I'll let you know what it is.

Lastly, I found this post VIA Technorati...so apparently one thing to help bloggers is finally working...

 
At 6/7/06, 10:35 AM, Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

That's what blogs should be, entertaining. I try to keep mine short and simple because that's the only stuff I read so why would I expect my readers to read anything else. I need to get back to drawing silly cartoons too.

wow, search engines work...holy crap...imagine that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home